Monday, February 6, 2017

Loveless Volume 3 by Yun Kouga REVIEW

Blurb: Ritsuka's story continues in the third volume of the Loveless series by Kouga Yun.

Content: In this volume we get the ending of the ZERO storyline, go into a septimal moon storyline, and start another ZERO storyline. Things were very tense in this volume especially with Soubi and Ritsuka. Ritsuka is losing trust in Soubi and Soubi is getting more secretive (somehow). We see more of Soubi's past (which like Ritsuka's present is not that great). I didn't have many complaints about this volume, there were moments that made me feel angst which is definitely intended given the fact that this is a really angsty series and I know it gets only worse from here.

Art: I will never trash talk Kouga Yun's art. It's just good okay? I'm biased here.

Characters: As stated before, Soubi gets even more secretive in this series... and he always just seems to become more and more like a giant question mark. We see more of Ritsuka's mother and how she mentally torments this poor kid. We get introduced to the female ZERO team, Ritsu, and another lady that I forgot the name of.

Verdict: I genuinely feel that this volume serves as a transitional volume more than anything else. Nothing too big happened so there wasn't really anything huge to react to.

No comments:

Post a Comment