Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Manga Classics Pride and Prejudice REVIEW

I've been trying to read Pride and Prejudice for years. Since my high school years and it's been a decent amount of time since High School about 5 years, depressingly. I haven't read it completely since then.

The first Manga Classic I've read was The Scarlet Letter and I loved that enough that I wanted to read the book (I don't own it and thus haven't read it yet but it's on the list!) So, naturally, I went onto Netgalley and requested almost ever Manga Classic that they had available. I've been meaning to read Pride and Prejudice so I read this one first.

I wasn't disappointed, the fire under my butt to read the actual novel has been reignited and if it's on the only shelf in my house I will definitely get to reading it in the daytime tomorrow.

The art for this was pretty good, it's better than anything that I can do, but there were some moments that were not very pleasing to my eye but it wasn't the art that captivated me (it was really pretty at some parts though) it was the story.

I didn't realize the actual reasoning for the title until I actually got to a point in the manga that pointed a giant arrow at it. Which I appreciated a lot.

Anyway, I definitely enjoyed this, it's a vastly quicker read than the original novel would be. Essentially, if you've been wanting to read Pride and Prejudice, but fear that it's much too long for your precious time. I feel that this serves as a really good TLDR alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment