Friday, February 17, 2017

The Last To Die by Kelly Garrett REVIEW

I don't know what it is about me but I really like thrillers so, while I was looking on netgalley, the synopsis popped out at me. It sounded like an average teen slasher movie in a book and that's always a win for me. Well, unless the writer is really boring then I probably wont get that far but usually they're instant wins.

Harper is an overly impulsive 16 year old who breaks into her friends houses when they're on vacation with her friends. They're a very diverse group of friends with different personalities and hobbies. But when Sara dies from an 'overdose' things start to get darker for Harper and who's left.

Or something like that but I will say that the synopsis and the title is misleading. Very misleading given the actual content of the book. It's less slasher and more general thriller where there is a killer around but it's not picking off the friends one by one and I was disappointed by that but overall I enjoyed it.

Sadly, I didn't guess the twist but I don't think anyone could have given most of the unknown information that was never presented to us in the end. As in, there were no subtle hints just unknown unknowns that are made present at the end. Also, the ending is a bit lack luster, it's not the best thing that's come to the thriller genre but it was enjoyable.

I beat my own reading record and read the whole thing in exactly an hour. But that's not that impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment