Sunday, March 12, 2017

What Waits Beneath by Thomas M. Malafarina REVIEW

I love scary stories. I really do.

What Waits Beneath was decent, it had a somewhat creative plot but the execution was greatly lacking. The ending was pretty bad, as if it was rushed for some odd reason. I know some authors are pushed to write, I just don't think that this author had that problem. The ending wasn't good.

The pieces didn't really fit together in the right way either but I think that's just me being picky about it. There was some time hopping but not enough to bother me that much. I just didn't like the story that much? I think I've read so many better stories like this that in order for me to really enjoy this sort of horror story it has to be really good and this was really meh at best.

There was a portion where there was a point where a demon was talking in a snake voice and even when I took the time to pronounce out what the author typed it came out as something laughable rather than intimidating but maybe that's because I tend to pronounce things in an odd way. Who knows?

The characters were flat and stupid. Like, for some reason, they all talked so much that they're stupid. It was as if the characters were talking or they were staring at the person talking. And it seems like I'm being picky but when the book is nothing but a character talking and someone else looking at them it gets boring. The first chapter is the most interesting part of the book.

All I know is that this book was okay. It wasn't so bad where I didn't finish it but it also wasn't really good, at all. It was meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment