Saturday, March 4, 2017

Naked In Death by J.D. Robb REVIEW

Instead of reading any of my bulk of books in my 'to review' pile I opted to start and audiobook. If you don't know. The In death series is a series that is 45 books long. Naked in Death is the first. I devoted 10 hours of my life listening to the book that I could've read in two hours (no longer 3 accomplishment!)

Overall the story was okay. It has a really strong emotional aspect that Robb hopes distracts you from the plot details but it doesn't. The setting doesn't work. Seeing as this particular book was written in 1993 the future was not that different from the time of 1993. You could say that in that aspect she succeeded because it's not that different from this current time either but when it comes to science fiction (which at this point it is) it fails. You can't just add fancy tech and robots and expect people to believe it. I legitimately forgot the setting nearly every chapter and that's kind of disappointing.

There's also problems with the way the story went down because it would not happen that way (it wouldn't). If it was the real world Eve would be out of a job (rightfully so) and even if she didn't the crime wouldn't have been resolved the way it had been. If you've read this, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Roarke is a cookie cutout of a male character but I have no complaints because rich Irish men is dreamy. Only in romance novels though. Most characters in this book was a cookie cutout, which, I mean is kind of disappointing because Nora Roberts has written more books than the years that I've been alive times 3. However, what sells sells right?

I'd suggest this book only if you're looking for something to lightly enjoy. Fans of romance novels might enjoy this but mind the subject matter because it gets really dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment