Thursday, February 9, 2017

Heels, Heartache, and Headlines by Ni-Ni Simone and Amir Abrams REVIEW

So, I frequent a store called Dollar Tree and when you're at dollar tree there's always a different selection of books waiting for you and you never really know what's going to be there. I believe that I got the third book of this series from that store. I've been on the lookout for the other books but they're really hard to come by so when I saw this on netgalley I had to read it and I did.

I'm not really sure what I expected from this book but the story was really really dramatic. An exciting over dramatic kind of way. It's a shallow story, it's kind of like a book version of Mean Girls which I appreciate, I always enjoy stories with just mean girls, they're just more fun in general.

There is a lot of heavy topics in this book, suicide attempt, domestic abuse, bullying, drug usage, and a lot of other stuff that is implied. The book is young adult but keep those things in mind because you won't like this book if you don't want to read about those topics. It's probably also better to read the books that came before this, there were somethings I didn't understand because I didn't read the books that came before this one. Learn from my mistakes.

I really liked London, I'm actually surprised by how much I liked her. I think that it's because London was the character that I related to the most on a superficial level but as far as the other characters are concerned Heather is another very relatable character.

Overall, the book was very okay, not bad but not good enough to give it a high rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment