Friday, February 17, 2017

Scooby Apocalypse Volume 1 by Keith Giffen REVIEW

Oh Scooby Dooby Doo... I grew up with Scooby Doo and was really excited but this is a dense dense dense comic. It was so dense that it took me about a month to read it. I received it to review before the release date and it's after the release date and I just finished it.

This comic is based on the premise that instead of the monsters being people with masks on, they are actual monsters that actually want to kill people. So it's horror with survival with dystopian undertones.

The main five are much more darker versions of themselves, my favorites being Fred and Shaggy in this version. I am also fond of Scrappy Doo but unfortunately he is an antagonist.

As I mentioned before there is a lot of text dense moments which I don't typically like in a comic because I like things being fast paced, however, I find that a large bulk is necessary knowledge for the series.

Some people said that Velma's secret was 'shocking' they obviously need to read more thrillers because Daphne was literally saying that shit the WHOLE TIME. LITERALLY THE WHOLE TIME. It can't be shocking if it's been eluded to in nearly every conversation. That wasn't a huge revelation, it didn't even surprise me a little bit. I get more surprised when my mom gives me the grocery list for the week.

That being said, I'll definitely read the next volume whenever it comes out and decide whether or not I continue based on that goes. Volume one of most series tend to be groundwork anyway so maybe it'll go by a lot quicker next volume? Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment