Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Swan and the Bear by Eve Langlais REVIEW

Last review I expressed my small amounts of shame while reading the first book in this series. The fact that I read this in daylight with the parents in the room next door... Somehow the shame intensified? Only a little bit.

I loved Jessie, she's that wonderful mix of sass and smarts that I love in a main character. Mason, I didn't like so much. He wasn't that bad (a little pushy) but it was more like Mason wasn't in my tastes.

The story? Well, it was a strong okay. I felt as if the author wanted the story to intertwine so cleanly that she'd make up any reason for the bad guys to go after the main characters. Miranda is always the main goal but instead of legit trying to find Miranda they go through a huge amount of loops and turns to not really find Miranda. YEAH. It seemed as if it was all by chance. Plot convenience.

I feel as if there were better ways to incorporate Miranda and Mason into the big entanglement of plot instead of using them as an accessory to Miranda's timeline WHILE pretending that this plot is unique to Mason and Jessie. It isn't and I can't really let that go.

However, I did still enjoy this and I still wish that I could own the books physically. SHAME.

No comments:

Post a Comment