Wednesday, March 1, 2017

The Flinestones Volume 1 by Mark Russell REVIEW

So, I'm a little bit too young to say that The Flinstones was an active part of my childhood. I don't really know when the cartoon started but it was not in the 90s. I'm pretty sure. However, I did watch a lot of Flinstones. Well, not a lot, mostly the live action movie but I'm sure if I had watched the cartoon I would have been content with that.

I'll take the evidence of my content mess being how much I liked this graphic novel. It was much faster than the Scooby Doo Apocalypse thing I read last week. Maybe I just like dinosaurs more than monsters? That has to be it.

The content is both humorous and reflective of events happening in our lives. I'm not talking about the severe SJW crap. I mean the things that most people agree with (real human problems). However, most of it is absurd and that' she okay with me.

The art I liked it a lot more than Scooby Doo as well. It just seemed better. As I'm writing this I'm not entirely sure of the artist but I'm very confident they're not the same as the one who illustrated Scooby Apocolypse. Not that that art wasn't good it just wasn't appealing to my eyes.

I definitely think that people that liked The Flinstones would like this comic. To me, it's not really any different.

No comments:

Post a Comment