Thursday, January 19, 2017

Manga Classics Great Expectations REVIEW

Back at it with the Manga Classics, I have two more to read through and find myself fearing the length of one of them... For now though, Great Expectations.

I have never read Charles Dickens and feel a bit hesitant to after this graphic novel. I'm starting either notice trends in older writing or Stacey King really likes a certain kind of story line. It could be either or but it gets repetitive and boring.

However, these trends are in line with normal human behavior, and I'm in realization of it. But still, I've read three books almost in a row with these kinds of trends and it gets boring. It's like, I get it people act one way but are another sometimes, but it's annoying.

Other than that, the story felt very boring. I had great expectations and received massive disappointment in return. It just remained flat with a few really intense moments that felt out of place in the general outline. The ending act was full of twists that were so stupid and simplistic for me to even guess ahead of time.

However, I have read a lot worse, and if you like Charles Dickens maybe give it a try? Or don't you're not missing out on much.

No comments:

Post a Comment