Monday, January 23, 2017

Manga Classics: Emma REVIEW

So, here we are at the end of my list for the Manga Classics. There are a few I have left to read but I don't own them and have no way to currently acquire them so I shall be doing more reading of other things. What fun.

Speaking of fun, this was a fun read. I believe that Emma was the only book that made me react at all to it. As in, I do this whole body cringe at some points. When a certain couple FINALLY gets together I was just in so much shock that it finally happened that I couldn't contain myself. This adaption has definitely made me want to read the book. That's a shame, I have five copies of Pride and Prejudice and no copies of Emma. I desperately need a job.

This was a really light and dramatic read. I think that everyone knows a person that is an Emma or a Harriet and so on and so forth. I, of course, spent the whole time wanting everyone to get with the person that they were supposed to get with but I was stuck waiting until two hours later when I finally finished it.

Of course, this isn't the full novel of Emma by Jane Austen and I really cannot wait to read that.

I'm not sure how those that liked the original novel would feel about it but I certainly enjoyed it. I definitely recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment