Saturday, January 14, 2017

The Slanted Life of Emily Dickinson by Rosanna Bruno REVIEW

The second book of 2017 is this, The Slanted Life of Emily Dickinson.

This book is some humor on the ambiguous life of Emily Dickinson. Ambiguous because she was a recluse and no one knows what she did... Or at least that's what this book suggests.

However, I find that this book is more of a humorous take on Emily Dickinson, what she was, who she is, what she did, and what she would be doing if she would be in our current time.

The art, is fairly simplistic, the general simplistic. The kind of simplistic where an average person that draws at a once in a while basis could achieve. There isn't much to judge on based on content. There is some wit in there that I appreciated but other than that I found it to be very straightforward and boring. It was a 98 page book and I was bored by page 30.

However, I don't have very many complaints and there were parts of this book that I actually did enjoy. So I do recommend this if you want a lighter humorous book about Emily Dickinson, I wouldn't recommend it if you genuinely want to know more about Emily Dickinson.

No comments:

Post a Comment