Sunday, January 22, 2017

Point of Origin by Rebecca Yarros REVIEW

I am not a stranger to romance novels. In fact, I enjoy them a lot. Especially the cop or firefighter kinds because hot stuff is hot.

So, Point of Origin. I didn't have extremely high hopes for it but it exceeded expectations. Though, I think that it's just the inner romantic in me swooning over the ending which was swoon worthy. If you look at the story while ignoring some writing aspects you might enjoy it. It depends on your preferences. I sincerely feel as if this is a book to be enjoyed at the superficial level and nothing more because when you start looking at it with a critical eye you will feel some disappointment.

The story line isn't completely flawed but it's climax is sex, spoilers. I always think that it's much better if the climax of the story is an actual climax rather than two characters climaxing. Sex should be an accessory to the story and not the climax, unless it's an erotica, which this is not.

The characters are cookie cutouts but I didn't expect anything less. There was a lot of things that happened just because it was convenient to the plot but again, no complaints.

I mean, like I said, read it and enjoy it at a superficial level. This is not a book meant to make you think every time you take a twenty minute shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment