Wednesday, January 18, 2017

the princess saves herself in this one by Amanda Lovelace REVIEW

When I used to follow booklrs, I followed Amanda Lovelace. I didn't realize this until I saw her picture on her author page literally a minute before typing this. Just something fun to start this off with.

So, for the most part I liked this. I liked that Amanda's story was told in the poetry and that her story was very much relatable. There was parts in the middle where I was wishing for her to stop feeling sorry for herself (as a person that has also went through a lot of trauma, I had also gone through a phase where I felt sorry for myself) and was very happy to find that she had reached that point. I like seeing people get themselves out of that hole, there's no greater feeling.

As far as the parts I didn't like, it's just nitpicking on my part, a difference of opinion on a few choice lines, a few well meaning lines but a few lines that I felt holds more damage if not specified. Though overall, the message of the whole book was really good and positive.

The poetry was nice, it flowed fairly well, the language was fairly pretty minus a few instances but they didn't bother me all that much. It's not classical poetry so if you're into that kind of poetry it might not be your cup of tea. However, I did like this a lot and I recommend it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment