Thursday, January 19, 2017

Unlovable by Cynthia St. Aubin REVIEW

Sometimes on goodreads I just don't understand where other people are coming from. Lucky for me, I'm not  judgmental jerk and don't think more or less of others if they have a different opinion from my own.

I didn't like this book, it didn't really have a story line, it didn't seem well researched, it didn't seem well thought out, it didn't seem to be edited, and I could go on.

There were a lot of cliches that didn't seem to make sense to me. Like the virgin main hero with a bad past that ended up being a good person. The antagonist that ends up with a bad past and having a heart of gold ONLY for the virginal protagonist.

The mythology bothered me a lot because she used Cupid and Eros at the same time and someone help me because that's nOT HOW THAT WORKS. THAT'S NOT HOW THAT WORKS AT ALL. The author had another character Crixus who's a child of Zeus and some random human probably and there's a mention of people not hearing about him. And yo, Crixus was someone that actually lived, he was a Gallic soldier that was captured by the Romans. I'm not an expert but I just find a lot of that to be not perfectly correct and if it's not going to be perfectly correct then why bother putting it into the novel? I guess I'm just picky like that.

The humor also fell flat because it was just really immature. I mean, I'm not a stranger to romance novels, I know the humor that typically goes in them, and this humor is comparable to middle grade humor to the point where I felt as if the character herself was a teenager and not a professional woman.

I just didn't like it, I don't recommend it, but if you liked it that's cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment