Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Loveless by Yun Kouga REVIEW

I went back to the store today and bought six volumes of Loveless on clearance. I picked them up without a second thought and no regrets. Those of you judging me at this moment, screw you and your judgement.

I must say that I am so happy that I decided to pick these ups. This series was one of the first animes I've watched. It's also one of the first animes that I owned completely. This series has been ongoing so long that Morning Musume still had Goto Maki in the group. I love that cultural reference because Morning Musume was one of the first idol groups I listened to.

Regarding the Shounen Ai tag, people are going to really quickly refer to the main characters as a romantic relationship but I am really hesitant to do so at this point. Not just because of the age but because of occurrences that happen in other volumes. That being said, this is a review of the first volume.

Manga Rule #2: Yaoi and Shounen Ai are drastically different. Do not ever use them interchangeably because the difference is the rating.

I liked the page after the cover page. The art is gorgeous. Yun Kouga's art is really nice, simple, and cute. I also feel that in terms of story-telling this is a really good buildup for events that have yet to happen. Some people may not think so but this volume is really light and things get really intense from this point forward.

Since it's still ongoing, I don't know how the story ends but I will be there when it ends. I need to see how Loveless ends. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment