Sunday, January 22, 2017

Manga Classics: Les Miserables REVIEW

The first thing I need to mention is that this is an adaption, obviously, and I have never found the title of the original work to apply to an adaption so well.

Les Miserables indeed, fuck me.

Let me elaborate because it's not so much that I thought that this was bad. I thought it was pretty magnetic but my fear is that it is an adaption. If the adaption was this conflicting how conflicting is the original is. Also, the original novel is really chunky, it's larger than the largest book that I read, which is Atlas Shrugged. Atlas Shrugged took a month to read for 17 year old me, how long would it take 23 year old me to read Les Mis? Maybe a week, I have tons of books to read this year. I'm scared.

As far as the art goes, it may be one of my favorites of this series of books. SunNeko Lee does a good job, they can make it cute when they want it to be cute, gruesome, beautiful, etc. That sort of versatility is hard to find in art, specifically this sort of art.

Reading this makes me anxious to read the original, I'll probably set aside some time during the summer to read it. For now, more netgalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment